couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <>
Subject Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Trivial Update of "CouchDB_in_the_wild" by wentforgold
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:29:56 GMT

On 14 Jun 2011, at 18:23, Noah Slater wrote:

> On 14 Jun 2011, at 17:18, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>> I'd leave this part to MC as he's got this all figured out :)
> Okay, sure.
> I was more thinking about Autotool stuff here.

Ah, ok. I know he has a Makefile :)

>> The first start were API docs, but we'll have tutorials and user guides coming up.
I don't see why we should not ship something like a "getting started" guide (and others) along
with the API docs if we choose to.
> I'm not sure how this would work.
> I would prefer that the docs be authoritatively kept in the Apache repository.

That is what I propose as well.

> Any other solution would essentially mean accepting patches on the docs from a fork of
CouchDB. Right?

That is common practice already and I don't see a problem with this as long all criteria for
ASF commits are fulfilled.

That said, I'd not keep the docs in the CouchDB source repo, but on the side (like site/)
and only pull things together on release-time. I'd also propose to not bother with SVN on
this one as long as the technical side of things is taken care of (Paul?).

View raw message