couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Dionne <dio...@dionne-associates.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.3 Release
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 16:24:03 GMT
I don't think they are officially part of the "test procedure", if so then we've shipped a
lot of releases with them failing. In fact they never run completely, once in a blue moon.
Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned it in my +1 vote. I run them almost every time I do a build
from trunk, almost always the issues are related to the two different JS execution environments.
I've started a topic branch to separate out [1] these tests from the browser based Futon tests.
Ideally these would be part of "make check".

SHIP IT!!!

[1] https://github.com/bdionne/couchdb/tree/cli-tests

On Jun 28, 2011, at 12:11 PM, Noah Slater wrote:

> On 28 Jun 2011, at 17:09, Sebastian Cohnen wrote:
>
>>> Perhaps there is some good reason for them failing?
>>
>> I was not aware that the javascript CLI tests are "officially" ready to use yet.
In that case it's definitely not okay if they are failing and since others have seen the same
failing tests, I'd change my vote to −1.

> If they are not ready to use yet, that is a good reason for them failing. If they should
be part of the test procedure, then they should a) pass and b) be added to the wiki. Sorry
for being so ARGH about it, but I like to run a tight ship, so we should get clarification
on this either way. Thanks!