couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: make couchdb more otpish
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:40:07 GMT

On 21 Jun 2011, at 07:25, Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> c_src/{couchjs, icu, spawnkillable?}

I don't understand why you need this directory.

Why can't these things be kept in the main src/ directory?

> etc/
> tests/
> bin/couch

I am confused as to why you have included directories like these.

It makes me think that your proposed changes are larger than I thought they were. Isn't this
about re-organising the Erlang files so that they can be built as an OTP application? Why
would that affect any of the rest of the build, or the general directory layout?

> Related topic, I would like to introduce a rel/ folder that would
> allows us to build a real erlang release that would allows us to
> install couchdb system wide or create any dev release, wich again
> would be more otpish.

What would go in the rel/ directory?