couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <>
Subject Spam on the wiki (CouchDB in the Wild contributors, please read this)
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 15:28:16 GMT

Our CouchDB in the Wild page suffers from a lot of spam.

I have now added the following section to the top:

This page shouldn't be used to promote your product or services. It's primary purposes is
as a tool for people to understand how and why CouchDB is being used. If you include a link
here, please tell us how and why you are using CouchDB for some component of your product
or service. If you do not mention CouchDB in your description, or the link looks promotional,
it may be removed as spam.

I have also removed the following sites:

I tried to click through and double check each website to see if I could find any mention
of CouchDB on the about page, or what have you. I am sorry if I removed a genuine site, but
to be blunt, that's not my problem. These sites should have descriptions next to them, as
I have outlined above. If I have removed something in error, please feel free to add it back
again, with a nice long description.

The following entries do not reference CouchDB:

I had added a "Please expand" tag next to each one of the above.

See them here:

Now, I am not suggesting that all of these are spam links. I know for certain that many of
these are CouchDB projects, or sites using CouchDB. What I'm saying is that the entry is too
short, and provides no justification for its inclusion on this page.

Back when the project was small, this was okay. So many people use CouchDB now, that we cannot
rely on simply knowing which is real or not any more. The community is too diverse. And including
a link to another site is not good enough. The entry itself should justify its existence.

Ultimately, this isn't just about removing spam, or making that process easier. It's about
improving this page as a resource for the community. I'd like to snatch it back from the grips
of vanity and promotion, and turn it into a list of tiny case-studies, that people can use
as a jumping off point for further exploration.

If you can fill out an entry for any of these, please do so, even if the link was not originally
added by yourself, or the product or service is not your own. As much help as possible would
be great in getting this page up to scratch.

View raw message