couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Trivial Update of "CouchDB_in_the_wild" by wentforgold
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:39:47 GMT

On 14 Jun 2011, at 17:29, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> That is common practice already and I don't see a problem with this as long all criteria
for ASF commits are fulfilled.

Okay.

> That said, I'd not keep the docs in the CouchDB source repo, but on the side (like site/)
and only pull things together on release-time.

Disagree very strongly.

If you don't include the docs within the CouchDB instance directory, then we will have no
record of the docs at a point in time. Say, if you wanted to see the docs for CouchDB 1.3,
specifically.

Secondly, if they're no in the instance directory, then you cannot build them. That means
that people doing a source checkout will not be able to build the docs without going to special
lengths. And it means that we wont be able to include them in the release artefacts, because
you can't be pulling things from outside the source tree.

> I'd also propose to not bother with SVN on this one as long as the technical side of
things is taken care of (Paul?).

Not sure what you mean here.