couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Archiving old releases
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 14:49:41 GMT

On 6 Jun 2011, at 15:44, Robert Newson wrote:

> Now that 1.1.0 is released I want your opinions on which releases we
> should archive.
>
> For my part, I'd like Downloads to hold just 1.1.0 and 1.0.2 and
> archive everything else.

The ASF has asked us to tidy our distribution directory.

So I would like to use this opportunity to clarify our archive policy going forward.

The things to note are:

 * All releases are permanently archived by the ASF

 * Only current releases need to be in the main distribution directory

 * The main distribution directory is mirrored around the world

 * This is why we need to limit our use of it

 * These current releases are linked to from downloads.html

 * Whatever we have advertised there is what is mirrored

The questions I have in mind are:

 * How many point releases do we want to have on downloads.html at any one time?

 * If we release X.X.1, do we remove X.X.0 from that page?

I think that about covers it.