couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Trivial Update of "CouchDB_in_the_wild" by wentforgold
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:58:19 GMT

On 14 Jun 2011, at 17:52, Ryan Ramage wrote:

> Random suggestion,
>
> you could try a couch based system: http://substance.io/
>
> Here is an example:
> http://substance.io/#michael/data-js
>
> No connection to the project, just been following it in the user list.
> Looks nice. I am sure its missing exports to all the various formats,
> but hey, we are shooting for everything web based, right? :)

Thanks for the suggestion.

But I am going to nip all this in the bud right from the get go.

We could spend 12 months discussing the best way to author the documentation.

It would all be wrong.

DocBook is the only sensible option.

You thought minor features were like bike sheds?

Documentation systems are like a supermarket that only sells cans of paint, and bike sheds.