couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build CouchDB process and Erlang HiPE(High Performance Erlang)
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 19:06:47 GMT
You can build CouchDB with HiPE enabled but unfortunately there are
stability issues that come into play. I don't believe anyone has
looked into what or why so its never been recommended to do this
across the entire code base. There is a --with-native-mochijson2 (or
similar) option to configure which will compile the JSON encoder with
HiPE if available. I don't know if anyone's posted comparison data or
not though.