couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Replacing ejson with jiffy
Date Sat, 28 May 2011 19:38:04 GMT
Recently we added the ejson NIF to trunk to speedup JSON parsing. I've
finally put some finishing touches on a NIF that does much more of the
actual encoding and decoding in C while still maintaining the same
semantics as mochijson2. Specifically large numbers are still handled
without truncation among a few other things like unicode handling.

Things left to consider: I need to fall back to mochijson2 when jiffy
isn't available due to having an old Erlang.

More importantly, Jiffy requires an even newer Erlang than Ejson. I
think R14B01, but it might even be R14B02. Not sure what people might
think of that either.

Thoughts?