couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build CouchDB process and Erlang HiPE(High Performance Erlang)
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 19:26:41 GMT
>> There is a --with-native-mochijson2 (or
>> similar) option to configure which will compile the JSON encoder with
>> HiPE if available. I don't know if anyone's posted comparison data or
>> not though.
>
> I will test with this option, and I will benchmark with the standard build
> process to view the
> diferences between both:
>  ./configure --with-native-mochijson2
> and
> ./configure

Also, I should have mentioned originally that by default on recent
trunk, the mochijson2 encoder has been replaced by default with a
version that uses C extensions instead of native Erlang. Only when
these are not available will the pure Erlang version be used.
Depending on the version of CouchDB and Erlang that you use, this will
be important in comparing differences.