couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: Helping out with releases
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 12:29:14 GMT
On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 14:08, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Like Jan says, it'd be awesome to have more people familiar with the
> release procedure. Although if you're interested in speeding up
> releases the best place to start would be by learning some internals.
> The issues that usually keep things from shipping is that a test is
> randomly failing or there's a bug waiting to be fixed.

Right, but that's not the case now, is it? So I would like to help out
with all the non-internals and chasing after other committers to fix
up the bugs, as that seems an area that's currently understaffed.

Which doesn't mean that maybe I won't get into the internals at some
point, but I think doing the other things could be valuable to, and
the project needs more of it.

Cheers,

Dirkjan