couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Marcos Ortiz <mlor...@uci.cu>
Subject Re: Build CouchDB process and Erlang HiPE(High Performance Erlang)
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 19:54:16 GMT
On 05/23/2011 02:36 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> You can build CouchDB with HiPE enabled but unfortunately there are
> stability issues that come into play. I don't believe anyone has
> looked into what or why so its never been recommended to do this
> across the entire code base.
OK, I think that´s a good questio for me to answer.
I will try to do this with HiPE to find out the issues
> There is a --with-native-mochijson2 (or
> similar) option to configure which will compile the JSON encoder with
> HiPE if available. I don't know if anyone's posted comparison data or
> not though.
I will test with this option, and I will benchmark with the standard
build process to view the
diferences between both:
  ./configure --with-native-mochijson2
and
./configure

Regards

--
Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda
  Software Engineer (Large-Scaled Distributed Systems)