couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: svn commit: r1088941 [1/3] - in /couchdb/trunk: ./ src/ src/couchdb/ src/ejson/ src/ejson/yajl/ test/etap/ utils/
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 11:06:11 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 12:54 PM
Subject: Re: svn commit: r1088941 [1/3] - in /couchdb/trunk: ./ src/
src/couchdb/ src/ejson/ src/ejson/yajl/ test/etap/ utils/
To: Filipe David Manana <fdmanana@apache.org>

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Filipe David Manana
<fdmanana@apache.org> wrote:
> Thanks BenoƮt.
>
> The reason to have mochijson2 inside the ejson application it's
> because it's a "separate" application.
> This was suggested by Paul via irc a few days ago. I really have no
> strong opinion about this.
> If most people agree on doing the fallback in the CouchDB code
> (couch_util), and not in the ejson module, I'm fine with it.

I see 2 problems with having mochijson2 inside:

1. code duplication
2. having to manage mochiweb updates in ejson.

Also are they using the same license? (useful only in case of having
it external) .

Anyway I was under the impression that people that want to use a nif
don't really need to falback in erlang, and the other is true, since
most of the time using erlang version is for other purpose like
portability or such. Our case which is to keep compatibility before is
a little different and not a common case I think.

In any case change is minor. depends of other feedbacks.

- benoit