couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Development environment
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 23:53:49 GMT
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 15:57, Nathan Stott <nrstott@gmail.com> wrote:
> So couchdb is really developed without using step-by-step debugging at
> all?  That seems quite odd.

Most of the time, when I've written couchdb patches and they're wrong
I immediately get dying processes, stack traces and errors. The number
of silent, strange problems I produce is just smaller in Erlang than
other languages.

I think it's a combination of pattern matching, immutable variables
and referential transparency.