couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.1.0
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 09:53:04 GMT
I've tagged it for 1.1.1, we've gone this long with that weird
behavior, another release can't hurt.

Damien and Chris say the 1141 behavior is intentional. I'd like to
open that up for discussion. While it may have been intended, it was
obviously unknown to Paul and Jan, and, I'd wager, every single user
of CouchDB and every author of every client library too.

My view is that the default should be that delete deletes. If there is
still a case to preserve other metadata (a 'deleted_at' or
'deleted_by' field, say), an extra flag would allow that case
?preserve_body=true, or something.

B.