couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: query_server_config
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2011 15:58:56 GMT

On 16 Apr 2011, at 17:54, Alexander Shorin wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> According to https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/trunk/src/couchdb/couch_query_servers.erl#L277
you can't pass arbitrary options to the query server currently. I wouldn't say this is a bug,
but it would be a nice feature :)

> Oh, I'd inspect sources more heartily before asking why(: Just thought
> that there is config options and query_config holder in State, so if
> not all options have passed there is something wrong.
>
> So, could it be requested?(: Probably, I see how-to solution via
> tracking query_server_config option set as json object to eliminate
> parsing and type casing problems which came from ini format, but for
> me there is two more problem to learn erlang and how couchdb internals
> work(:

Feel free to open a JIRA ticket* :) — This shouldn't be hard patch and
it'd be great opportunity to dive into Erlang :)

 * http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB

Cheers
Jan