couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Tong Li <>
Subject One big CouchDB with a lot of documents vs. a lot of CouchDB databases with fewer documents
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 12:59:28 GMT

We recently work on a project and considering using CouchDB, but we would
like to know if we should place all user documents in one big database or
create one CouchDB database per user. This has to do with how CouchDB
handles large number of databases. Assume CouchDB can handle a lot of
documents within one database, but when large number of databases need to
be open at same time, will CouchDB still be perfomant?

Tong Li