couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 160- failure
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 11:08:09 GMT
On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> oh right. So depending on the rule, vhost may be not working (simple
> are OK) . At this point I think it would be safer to remove any
> complex pattern matching and just match `host:/path` with only
> wildcard for the host for 1.1 . Other way would be to pass a full
> erlang term in the ini `vhosts = [{host, path}, ...]` but not sure it
> could be easily handled in the ini by the users.

Yep, sadly. I don't think any of the ets table types preserves
insertion order on retrievel. Just tried the bag type:
1> T = ets:new(ets_foo_bar_bar, [bag, private]).
16400
2> ets:insert(T, {b, 1}).
true
3> ets:insert(T, {a, 2}).
true
4> ets:insert(T, {x, 3}).
true
5> ets:insert(T, {f, 4}).
true
6> ets:tab2list(T).
[{x,3},{f,4},{b,1},{a,2}]
7> ets:first(T).

I think our .ini parser also might not insert the .ini key/values in
the same order as they're listed in the files, but i haven't
confirmed.

> Maybe first solution is better, and we could go for a webmachine
> version of http in 1.2 (or 2?) I can work on that.

Perfectly fine for me.

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org