couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 160- failure
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 12:22:44 GMT
Good find Benoit!

On 25 Mar 2011, at 11:01, Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> Frome time to time the 160- etap test is failing (depending on the
> platform or whatever). While chasing this issue I noticed that
> returning values from couch_config:get inserted via couch_config:set
> aren't in the right order:

When designing the config system way back when I went with the assumption
that order of sections or values in sections is not specified. I.e. CouchDB
is behaving as "specified" (but I don't think I ever wrote that down).

It sounds like the wildcard vhosts rely on a specific ordering, is that
correct? In that case, I don't have any problems guaranteeing the order
of values within sections (but I wouldn't go so far as to define an order
for sections themselves). Sections that are spread over multiple config
files should take the order of when the subsequent files are parsed. I.e.
Section X in file A and B orders its entries as all from file A and then
from file B, if they are parsed in order.

I'm fairly certain that the ini parser and writer also do not preserve
ordering, which we'd have to look after.

Alternatively, can we make wildcard-vhosts not rely on the total ordering
of config values?

Cheers
Jan
--
PS: all the example urls in the previous mails in this mark this one as
    spam for me, so I removed the previous trace.