couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: roadmap
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 16:32:07 GMT

On 8 Feb 2011, at 16:14, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:

> Still, the problem I have is that it seems like there is a tendency to
> make releases large; it seems like there's little control against devs
> wanting to add their "one more thing". Particularly for bugfix
> releases; from 1.0.1 it took almost 6 months for 1.0.2 to get
> released. In between, there were a little under 100 revisions on the
> 1.0.x branch, presumably most of those fixing bugs users could
> actually run into. It seems valuable to me if the community could have
> gotten some of these fixes sooner.

I need someone else to weigh in on this, but I believe the reason was because of a few critical
bugs that were being worked on. And not, as you suggest, because we were suffering from a
Just One More Thing problem. I'd really need Jan or Chris to comment though as I use them
as a conduit for judging this stuff.