couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject 1.0.2 regression in continuous replication
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 14:26:28 GMT
Hi everyone,

I asked about this a bit on IRC, but we decided that this might be
better on the mailing list.

At work, we use CouchDB continuous replication for some important
streams, from a server in a data center somewhere to the servers in
our office, over OpenVPN. This was partly done because the
consumer-grade internet in our office (hey, it's a startup) is a
little flaky at times. This used to work fine; we had a script to
restart the replication if it failed, but that only happened once in a
week or a few weeks.

However, since installing 1.0.2 on Monday, we see our continuous
replication failing much more often, like 3-5 times per day. It seems
to fail complaining about some timeout, here's a trace:
http://dirkjan.ochtman.nl/files/repl-fail.log.

Is anyone seeing similar behavior? Are there any changes in CouchDB
between 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 that could have caused this? We're running
fairly standard Linux boxes, not much else changed on Monday.

Cheers,

Dirkjan