couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: suppoted platforms check of couchdb 1.0.2?
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 15:53:37 GMT
Dave,

My last comment on the thread notwithstanding, it would be *awesome*
if you wanted to step and help bring CouchDB on Windows to production
quality.

B.

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 7:55 PM, Robert Newson <robert.newson@gmail.com> wrote:
> I signed up to the MSDN offer from the ASF. One thing I'd like to use
> it for is to get CouchDB working on Windows a bit better, though it's
> not my main reason for signing up.
>
> If it turns out to be a manageable amount of work, who knows, but I'll
> definitely put some time into making it suck less.
>
> B.
>
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 23 Jan 2011, at 05:29, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Noah

who can test and co-ordinate with the release team, it will remain that way.

>>> I assume you don't mean "full time" as in job, but always available to
>>> work on releases.
>>
>> Nope.
>>
>> But if we had one, they would have said "Hey, *I'm* the full time Windows RM..."
>>
>>> I'm happy to do this if my skills are sufficient.
>>> I'd love to be a fulltime CouchDB RM but I assume nobody pays for
>>> this!
>>>
>>> - what do you need?
>>> - what sort of testing remains to decide to change status?
>>
>> Not sure.
>>
>> There have been a few other people work on this in the past. The source has, I understand,
a rudimentary Windows build system in place. I would say that the best way forward would be
to get to grips with what is already there, and have a think about how to improve it. If anyone
knows of any outstanding issues, or whatever, then place speak up.

>> At some point, when you were happy with the build, we would ask you to make a parallel
release with the main RM team. I guess at that point, it would become official. Not sure.
Let's cross that bridge when we come to it.