couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: roadmap
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 08:26:22 GMT
On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 10:02 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> On 8 Feb 2011, at 20:53, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>
>> What is it supposed to mean ? A roadmap is a "a detailed plan to guide
>> progress toward a goal " . Why couldn't we define goals ?
>
> I think Jan's point is that we use the JIRA roadmap as an advisory only, and never state
that we are committing to it. That means that if I create a ticket for CouchDB to be able
to read and send email, it doesn't hold-up the project.

> "Every program attempts to expand until it can read mail. Those programs which cannot
so expand are replaced by ones which can."

>        — Jamie Zawinski

hum, ok yes a ticket is only a ticket. Although I was under the
impression that we can give some priority to the tickets or close them
if they doesn't enter in project goals.