couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: trouble with URL rewriting for key/startkey/endkey qs params
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 07:13:15 GMT
On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 4:43 PM, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:

> On Feb 22, 2011, at 3:52 AM, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 6:15 AM, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
>>> 4) Sure enough, the rewriter requires an exact match on <<":", Var/binary>>
in order to do the substitution, and it does not JSON encode the result, even if the query
key is something that requires a JSON-encoded value.  In effect, I see no way to use the
rewriter to set the value of key to a string.

>> Not sure I follow, the key is supposed to be a binary here.
>
> Sorry, I wasn't clear.  But I think you see the problem, which is that I cannot use
the rewriter to set ?key="foo"

> Thanks for taking a look at this, and sorry I haven't been paying closer attention to
couchapp-ng.  Cheers,

> Adam

I've opened a ticket for that issue :

The attached patch should fix the issue. It also handles cases where
we want an integer or  boolean variable.

Let me know,

- benoît