couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: CouchOne + Membase = Couchbase
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 07:41:25 GMT
Congratulations to all of you!

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 07:41, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> Instead of dwelling on the merger or technology, I'd like to address likely questions
about the relationship between Couchbase and Apache CouchDB. It is simple, really: at CouchOne
we were 100% committed on the Open Source side of things and at Couchbase we will continue
to do so at the same degree. In terms of organisation, Couchbase will be it's own independent
Open Source project that has Apache CouchDB and memcached as dependencies, but adds  a few
things of its own that warrant being its own project. Our combined engineering team, led by
Damien, will continue to contribute to Apache CouchDB in the same way as we've been to date,
only more. I can't wait to share with you what we'll come up with :)

And thanks for this summary of the technical side of things.

Cheers,

Dirkjan