couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <>
Subject Re: roadmap
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 21:02:28 GMT

On 8 Feb 2011, at 20:53, Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> What is it supposed to mean ? A roadmap is a "a detailed plan to guide
> progress toward a goal " . Why couldn't we define goals ?

I think Jan's point is that we use the JIRA roadmap as an advisory only, and never state that
we are committing to it. That means that if I create a ticket for CouchDB to be able to read
and send email, it doesn't hold-up the project.

"Every program attempts to expand until it can read mail. Those programs which cannot so expand
are replaced by ones which can."

	— Jamie Zawinski

View raw message