couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [IANA #411617] Application for port-number: couchdbs
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:30:07 GMT
Anyone?

On 8 Feb 2011, at 20:53, Noah Slater wrote:

> Help appreciated.
>
> He raises a good point though, as those links don't work now.
>
> I'm not sure what level of description they require.
>
> Probably nothing more than a handful of paragraphs to explain how CouchDB is a special
use-case for HTTP. In the original submission for TCP 5984, I pointed out that TCP 80 is specifically
reserved for "World Wide Web HTTP." My argument hinged on the fact that CouchDB is expected
to be run on a machine (perhaps on a private interface) that is simultaneously serving up
this kind of "World Wide Web" traffic, and so this warranted a separate port.