couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From mickael.bai...@free.fr
Subject Re: Sandboxed Futon development
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 16:48:48 GMT
Hello,

you can directly work on "${COUCHDB}\share\couchdb\www" to develop your features, the couchdb
http server will reflect your changes, but the merging will of course be complicated.

Perhaps you can ask Mikeal that started to recode futon from scratch using sammy.js ( https://github.com/mikeal/couchdb/tree/sammy
).

The other way is to make it as a couchapp : the only thing you'll have to change is the path
to the "server root" ( that is "../" when you hit "http://server.com:5984/_utils" but is "../../"
when using "http://server.com:5984/_design/futon/index.html" )

Regards,

Mickael

----- Mail Original -----
De: "Mihai Alexandru Bîrsan" <alexandru.m.birsan@gmail.com>
À: dev@couchdb.apache.org
Envoyé: Vendredi 4 Février 2011 15h45:04 GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Berne / Rome /
Stockholm / Vienne
Objet: Sandboxed Futon development

Hi!

I'm a skilled JavaScript developer and I'm interested in developing
features for Futon. I'd like to know if it's possible to work on Futon
without having to build CouchDB. The ideal environment would be to
edit the files under "${COUCHDB}\share\couchdb\www" and have that
managed with either SVN or GIT.

Here are my questions:
• Where could I find guidelines for developing Futon? (If any.)
• What should I do to have pull requests considered? Ideally I'd like
to publish my work, should it prove useful to a greater number of
people.
• Where can I find an issue tracker for Futon? I have a list of
features that I'd like to implement for personal use (including a
better JavaScript editor for map/reduce functions, a deep-level JSON
editor and keyboard shortcuts); after I'm done with the features I'm
interested in, I might take in other issues and bugs to work on.

Thanks,

Mihai Alexandru Bîrsan
http://twitter.com/mihaibirsan
http://ro.linkedin.com/in/mihaibirsan