couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon <tsr2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: inconsistent behavior in _all_docs with deleted documents
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 21:58:04 GMT
Paul Davis wrote:
>_all_docs shouldn't respond with *anything* if the doc is deleted as
>_all_docs is a representation of what's in the database when the
>request started.

+1

>On the other hand _changes *should* show the doc (once, for the
>update_seq where it was deleted).

I think for the _changes response, returning something in the 'doc'
member is misleading as at the seq that the document was deleted, there
was no document. The question "what happened to it?" is answered by the
information already given in that row of the _changes response.

(this is all imho, of course, and I agree that old branches shouldn't
include any changes we decide to make)