couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: trouble with URL rewriting for key/startkey/endkey qs params
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 15:43:31 GMT

On Feb 22, 2011, at 3:52 AM, Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 6:15 AM, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
>> 4) Sure enough, the rewriter requires an exact match on <<":", Var/binary>>
in order to do the substitution, and it does not JSON encode the result, even if the query
key is something that requires a JSON-encoded value.  In effect, I see no way to use the rewriter
to set the value of key to a string.

> Not sure I follow, the key is supposed to be a binary here.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  But I think you see the problem, which is that I cannot use the rewriter
to set ?key="foo"

Thanks for taking a look at this, and sorry I haven't been paying closer attention to couchapp-ng.
 Cheers,

Adam