couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: suppoted platforms check of couchdb 1.0.2?
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 19:55:08 GMT
I signed up to the MSDN offer from the ASF. One thing I'd like to use
it for is to get CouchDB working on Windows a bit better, though it's
not my main reason for signing up.

If it turns out to be a manageable amount of work, who knows, but I'll
definitely put some time into making it suck less.

B.

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> On 23 Jan 2011, at 05:29, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:
>
>> Hi Noah
>>
>> On 23 January 2011 06:46, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Our Windows support is still in testing, and until we have a full time RM who
can test and co-ordinate with the release team, it will remain that way.

>> I assume you don't mean "full time" as in job, but always available to
>> work on releases.
>
> Nope.
>
> But if we had one, they would have said "Hey, *I'm* the full time Windows RM..."
>
>> I'm happy to do this if my skills are sufficient.
>> I'd love to be a fulltime CouchDB RM but I assume nobody pays for
>> this!
>>
>> - what do you need?
>> - what sort of testing remains to decide to change status?
>
> Not sure.
>
> There have been a few other people work on this in the past. The source has, I understand,
a rudimentary Windows build system in place. I would say that the best way forward would be
to get to grips with what is already there, and have a think about how to improve it. If anyone
knows of any outstanding issues, or whatever, then place speak up.

> At some point, when you were happy with the build, we would ask you to make a parallel
release with the main RM team. I guess at that point, it would become official. Not sure.
Let's cross that bridge when we come to it.