couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 2
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 14:06:10 GMT
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Volker Mische <volker.mische@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12.01.2011 14:51, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Robert Newson<robert.newson@gmail.com>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> 1.0.2 now has fixes for several serious issues. Unless there's another
>>> known one of sufficient severity I think we should get 1.0.2 as soon
>>> as we can. Can some other folks chime in with their take please?
>>>
>>> B.
>>
>> I'm just asking for 1 or 2 days, that's not to much.
>>
>> Until there are no blocker, we can then release. I don't see any
>> reason to not do that. There have been so many fixes in 2 last week,
>> that I think it could be good to take some time to test against our
>> data. I even didn't have time to test your yesterday patch against my
>> data where it was failling.
>>
>> - benoit
>
> For me those 1 or 2 days are the preparation of the release tarballs and
> voting phase.
>
> Cheers,
>  Volker

Well vote is a formal way to test against final package. It take time
to prepare artefact and manage process.

I guess you all have time to test in real condition last patches, I
didn't. I even guess you tested last 2 patches against final data
before they were closed, I didn't. Last one is important since
replication is a big one and was able to reproduce with current
replicator on another datasets around.

Vote was stopped yesterday, in any serious businness, we would wait a little.

- benoît