couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject backporting COUCHDB-1008 into 1.1.x
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2011 19:55:53 GMT
Hi,

In 1.1.x we have a new configuration option named "nodelay" under the
the "httpd" section.
However, COUCHDB-1008 adds the option "socket_options" which is more
generic, allowing nodelay to be specified there amongst other socket
options.

My concern is that having "nodelay" as an isolated option in an
official release means that in 1.2 (and future releases), we would
still have to support it for 1.1 backward compatibility, which means
slightly more code.

Any objections about backporting this patch into 1.1.x?

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org