couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: code style
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 15:16:37 GMT
> I would like to see, before getting started on any of this, an RFC-style document / wiki
page that defines what a CouchDB plugins system looks like that we agree on implementing.

If this were any/most other languages I would totally agree. Except
Erlang is kinda laissez-faire when it comes to calling bits of code.

Regardless of what the "plugin" system ends up looking like, it'll
basically be the same API that's used all over couchdb internals.
It'll be self-automatically stable once we make it not suck.

*After* there's a system in place that allows plugins to exist without
a carnal knowledge of the code base I think it would be good to
explicitly formalize what we support as a plugin but until then we
just don't make any claim of supporting anything as we start adding
and organizing in preparation.