couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1054594 - in /couchdb/trunk: etc/couchdb/ src/couchdb/
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 13:59:59 GMT
I should note that bigcouch is not an Apache project and the term
"backport" does not apply. Don't misunderstand me, I'm a big fan of
bigcouch, but let's not assume that we can take anything from bigcouch
and put it into couchdb without discussion or even a tracking ticket.

I don't much like where this thread is going. I certainly don't want
to start a revert war, especially when I'm sure we've all made
non-trivial changes to couchdb without a ticket (though not as often
without an IRC discussion).

Instead, I think it's worth remembering that showing your change
before you make it will make everyones lives easier. Filipe, for
example, has made tickets and patches for two small issues today. I
much prefer that approach.

B.