couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Supported versions?
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2011 20:11:51 GMT
On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> On 31 Jan 2011, at 15:05, Nils Breunese wrote:
>
>> I saw CouchDB 1.0.2 fixes a security issue. Am I right that 0.11.x won't get this
fix? Is there an official statement somewhere on what 'series' of releases are currently supported?

> I would have said that anything we list on the downloads.html page is a support version.
That means that those versions should receive back-ports for bugs and security issues. I notice
that this has not happened for the 1.0.2 release and the subsequent security announcement.
I can only infer that the pre-1.0 line is no longer supported and should be removed from this
page.

> Thoughts, anyone?

Oh, right, I'm supposed to call a vote or discussion on archiving old releases.

I'm +1 on ending support for pre-1.0 branches. But as Nils points out,
we should probably figure out some sort of policy for when we drop
support.