couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 3
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:20:06 GMT

On 26 Jan 2011, at 13:03, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> In this case I don't care much if we record any of this (no objections either). What
I am after is that the fact that for reliable storage on Windows Erlang R14B1 is required
for 1.0.2 should be noted in a place where people downloading or reading up on 1.0.2 are looking
(i.e. the release announcement mail, which gets syndicated to many news sites as well as the
download page, where, duh, the download happens).

Sure. But I'm just trying to clarify how we handle this, so that we can apply it to future
releases as well. If there's been a minimum required version in the past, we usually put it
in the README.

We have never, to date, included any minimum version information in either the release announcement
or on the downloads page. If the community feels that this is important enough in this case
to warrant breaking with that convention, then so be it.

But I'm trying to get a handle on when this is likely to happen again, so that we can ratify
it in our release procedure.