couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 3
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:03:59 GMT

On 26 Jan 2011, at 13:57, Noah Slater wrote:

> On 26 Jan 2011, at 12:49, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>
>> Do you think we can put this in the release announcement and on the downloads page,
too? — Sort of like a post-vote addendum to NEWS without actually changing NEWS?

> Could do.
>
> Would we make it a generic recommendation for all users?
>
> No harm in updating NEWS after the release, as long as it is only updated on the branch.
However, I'm a little confused. We usually put version number requirements in the README.

In this case I don't care much if we record any of this (no objections either). What I am
after is that the fact that for reliable storage on Windows Erlang R14B1 is required for 1.0.2
should be noted in a place where people downloading or reading up on 1.0.2 are looking (i.e.
the release announcement mail, which gets syndicated to many news sites as well as the download
page, where, duh, the download happens).

Cheers
Jan