couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <>
Subject Re: Source tree refactoring - TESTERS NEEDED
Date Sun, 26 Dec 2010 23:53:05 GMT
On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 6:32 PM, Benoit Chesneau <> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 12:01 AM, Paul Davis
> <> wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Benoit Chesneau <> wrote:
>>> On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 5:30 PM, Paul Davis <>
>>> Well at one point we should merge, whatever is the solution. Do we
>>> really want final tests are done in trunk ?
>> How do you mean final tests?
> For such a big changes, I can't imagine we do it directly in trunk. In
> my opinion it should live in a branch while we improve it?
> Also related question, if we split couch into modules, how  is it
> handle as an apache project?
> - benoît

Its not being done in trunk. The change is being prepared as a script
and set of patches that people can test independently which people
have been doing.

I'll reiterate my point once again that there's no way that *I* am
going to do this in an SVN branch. I just don't know SVN well enough,
and worse, my limited knowledge instills a huge amount of fear at
attempting such a feat. If there's someone that's more knowledgeable
with SVN than me that wants to drive this project, I would happily
turn it over to them.

I reckon it'll be handled exactly the same as any of the Java projects
that contain multiple packages, as in, absolutely nothing changes.

View raw message