couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Filipe David Manana <>
Subject Re: use view functions to emit changes
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 12:10:59 GMT
Sorry for the delay Benoît.

1) At
you're also changing the emit of the regular sandbpox (don't forget,
in the previous statement you're copying a reference, not a value):

$ ./couchjs -
c1 = evalcx(''); = "bar";
c2 = c1; = "hello world";
print(" " +;
print(" " +;
<EOF> hello world hello world

2) couch_changes:filter_view/4 has an unused parameter in both clauses
(Req) - it's better to remove it?

3) The error message at
uses single quotes. Everywhere else we use back ticks.

4) Perhaps here:
the name of the command sent to the view server should be something
like 'view_filter' instead of 'views', which to me is a bit misleading

As for 1), 2) and 3) I committed into my own branch:

good work

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Benoit Chesneau <> wrote:
> bump.
> On Tuesday, November 30, 2010, Benoit Chesneau <> wrote:
>>> Why a separate function to init the filter_sandbox? It can be done at
>>> the end of the existing init_sandbox() function (perhaps renaming it
>>> to init_sandboxes).
>>> I would rename Filter.filter_view to Filter.view_filter or to
>>> Filter.map_filter (doing the same in
>>> src/couchdb/couch_query_servers.erl for naming consistency).
>>> 4) is still there (the debugging ?LOG_INFO line).
>>> Also, this patch should only contain the changes necessary to
>>> implement the new feature. While all the whitespace and indentation
>>> fixes (to comply with the wiki rules) are a welcome plus, they should
>>> come in a separate patch imo.
>> Well I used filter_view for consistency, since we use filter_docs
>> already, I don't think it need to be changed at this point. I've
>> removed the log stuff.
>> Are we OK for such feature ? If yes, I will commit it.
>> - benoit

Filipe David Manana,,