couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: minimum required Erlang version
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 11:14:02 GMT
I'm not sure if bumping to R13B04 is appropriate, since many Linux
distributions (Ubuntu for e.g.) ship with older R13 releases.
Therefore I would bump to R13B.

Regarding NIF extensions, are we planning to have any by 1.2?

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 12:57 AM, Robert Newson <robert.newson@gmail.com> wrote:
> righto.
>
> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 12:53 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I vote for just deleting the eunit bits in our packaged version. Its
>> not like we use them. And I'd rather delete the eunit code rather than
>> grab it as a dependency (and then deal with figuring out what to do
>> when there's an installed version or not or should be but a distro has
>> stripped it out).
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 6:28 PM, Robert Newson <robert.newson@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I did and it was rewritten upstream
>>> (https://github.com/mochi/mochiweb/commit/e8156a1c44d054f1f6e9396c828751ed22418d7f).
>>>
>>> It's after the release we have so we have a few options;
>>>
>>> 1) Upgrade to a newer version.
>>> 2) Backport the patch.
>>> 3) Add eunit dependency to autotools.
>>>
>>> I vote for 3 for 1.1 and then upgrade and revert that when mochiweb
>>> makes a release with the fix.
>>>
>>> B.

abandoned support for R12B05, so we should revisit our minimum required Erlang version.  Do
we have a compelling reason for supporting anything below R13B04?  That release introduces
support for recursive type specifications, which are useful when describing revision trees
and JSON objects to dialyzer.

R13 release?  I know we don't use NIFs in 1.1.x, but it'd be nice to limit the number of
times we have to bump.

Maybe a few

Emonk requires R14.

Also, it