couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: minimum required Erlang version
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 23:03:30 GMT
+1 for R13B04.

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:

so we should revisit our minimum required Erlang version.  Do we have a compelling reason
for supporting anything below R13B04?  That release introduces support for recursive type
specifications, which are useful when describing revision trees and JSON objects to dialyzer.

>>> Paul, is there a NIF-based argument for a particular R13 release?  I know we
don't use NIFs in 1.1.x, but it'd be nice to limit the number of times we have to bump.