couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: minimum required Erlang version
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:19:21 GMT
On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 6:14 AM, Filipe David Manana <fdmanana@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure if bumping to R13B04 is appropriate, since many Linux
> distributions (Ubuntu for e.g.) ship with older R13 releases.
> Therefore I would bump to R13B.
>
> Regarding NIF extensions, are we planning to have any by 1.2?

Nothing has been planned for 1.2. Adam's thought was to just
anticipate that we might use them eventually and so we might want to
plan ahead with the requirement change to anticipate possibly using
NIFs.

<kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
> [...]
has abandoned support for R12B05, so we should revisit our minimum required Erlang version.
 Do we have a compelling reason for supporting anything below R13B04?  That release introduces
support for recursive type specifications, which are useful when describing revision trees
and JSON objects to dialyzer.

R13 release?  I know we don't use NIFs in 1.1.x, but it'd be nice to limit the number of
times we have to bump.

Maybe a few

Emonk requires R14.

Also, it