couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Source tree refactoring - TESTERS NEEDED
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2010 12:23:26 GMT
On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 1:31 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 7:23 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 12:53 AM, Paul Davis
>> <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Its not being done in trunk. The change is being prepared as a script
>>> and set of patches that people can test independently which people
>>> have been doing.
>>>
>> Not what I say. Was about testing it first in it's own branch. But
>> right patches are enough. Just actually i'm not sure how i can edit
>> one or go further ? Another patch ? What's your process to make such
>> patches at first ? stashes ?
>>

> I use the generated git repo to formulate all of the various patches.
> There are git-save and git-restore commands for the srcmv.py script
> that work as expected by saving patches to the couchdb.patches
> directory.

Will try to work  with that then.

> This is a scenario that is so distant I'm not going to spend time
> thinking about it right now. The current work would in no way allow
> for someone to do such things and it will be many many months before
> we have things to a point before we can entertain such notions.

It could be months or days. Depends on the the time each others can
put in it,  *if the process allows it*. This is imo a big priority, we
already see a lot of "bricolage"  (makeshift?) coming in the code.

The goal I wished in the thread I launched was to use rebar and mix it
with configure (based on bigcouch work and patches like these one). I
don't see how the question is so distant seeing the result of these
patches. Neither I see why we shouldn't target this right now. Anyway,
maybe we can open a ticket and track progress in it ?

- benoƮt