couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Bram Neijt <bne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need feedback on validate_doc_read
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2010 16:09:42 GMT
Hi all,

After getting to know erlang the hard way, I've found a place to put
in a patch and hook up validate_doc_read code.

I've got a patch which implements a validate_doc_read in the same
manner as validate_doc_update is implemented. The patch is available
at
https://github.com/bneijt/couchdb

Things that are still on the TODO are the following:
- Check the functioning when it comes to replication
- Test the performance hit this will have on the server
- Create a configuration option to enable or disable support for this

An even bigger question is: is this a feature we would ever want in
the mainstream couchdb releases? Is this something the couchdb team
would like to support?

But appart from that question, I would love some feedback on the
implementation, the erlang and structure of it all, so please consider
checking it out and posting some comments.

Greets,

Bram