couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Per Document Filtering/Authorization
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 23:46:26 GMT
I remember suggesting this idea in a response to a user list question
before, but never verified that it works.

If rewrite rules are powerful enough does rewriting raw doc GET to _show and
PUT to _update accomplish most of what's being discussed for common cases?
What's missing or wrong about that idea?

It strikes me that a rewrite to a _list could also protect views if enough
information about the document is emitted.

Sorry if I missed the point. Just trying to follow along.

-Randall