couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: add plugin handling to the build system
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 14:49:50 GMT
On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> I've read the whole thread, and I still don't understand what anyone is talking about.

The goal is to provide an easy way to handle plugings in couchdb:

- how to build them against easily against couchdb
- how they can be handle directly in couchdb

Both are possible today, except build is really not intuitive. And
having to launch a plugin by setting ERL_FLAGS environment variable
manually isn't the best way. So this discussion is about finding a way
to register a plugin in couch, make couchdb launch it automatically if
enabled. Other part of the problem is to have a way to find couchdb
includes on the system to build the plugin againts them. That's part
may be handle by pkg-config.

- benoit