couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: use view functions to emit changes
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:03:59 GMT
On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> Back on this, have been distracted by flu.

>> 4) Perhaps here:
>> https://github.com/benoitc/couchdb/compare/master...view_changes#L4R235
>> the name of the command sent to the view server should be something
>> like 'view_filter' instead of 'views', which to me is a bit misleading
>
> Well it would require more changes in loop.js. It actually looks for
> mountpoints in the design doc to validate it. Her views is the mmember
> of the ddoc where to find the map function. I think we should keep  it

I don't understand. Why is it complex?
You just need to change two lines:

https://github.com/cmullaparthi/ibrowse/commit/3dabcaa174203ac41e9b5624a50e01fa02a17286#L0R63

and

https://github.com/benoitc/couchdb/compare/master...view_changes#L4R235

"views" -> "filter_view"
<<"views">> -> <<"filter_view">>

I'm talking about just the name of the command sent to the view server.

> /
>

>> As for 1), 2) and 3) I committed into my own branch:
>>
>> https://github.com/fdmanana/couchdb/commit/1e5498abcdc005c24961685e37359809bf3fedad
>

> Applied and tested on mine:
>
> https://github.com/benoitc/couchdb/tree/view_changes
>

> tests pass.

Great, thanks Benoit.

Btw, can you create a Jira ticket for it, attach there the patch or
point to a github link and then close it after committing. This helps
keeping track of new features/bug fixes.

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org