couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1035694 - /couchdb/trunk/src/couchdb/couch_changes.erl
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:45:20 GMT

On 16 Nov 2010, at 19:36, Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 7:28 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 7:19 PM, Filipe David Manana
>> <fdmanana@apache.org> wrote:
> s a list, you are less descriptive.
>>>>

>>> If it's not defined than it's definitely not a list. Does it make sense?
>> I didn't say that your sentence didn't have sense. But I meant to be
>> more descriptive. Afterall that's the reason you want to use ===
>> rather than == in js.
>>

> To be clear , I prefer to give all reasons why this error happened
> rather than using a mind shortcut and while I'm on it maybe it could
> be better if i just give the right reason? The only reason I don't
> actually is because I wanted to use less code

I don't get it.

You said _doc_ids === undefined || typeof(_doc_ids) != List.

Which reads _doc_ids must not be undefined or must me a List.

Filipe made it _doc_ids must be a List (implying they need to be defined, because if it's
a List, it's also defined). I actually think Filipe's version is more clear (no offense :).

Cheers
Jan