couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chandru <chandrashekhar.mullapar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tracking upstream dependencies
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:59:45 GMT
On 26 November 2010 21:19, Filipe David Manana <fdmanana@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 9:02 PM, till <till@php.net> wrote:
>>
>> How often does it happen that CouchDB has to patch/modify software
>> like Mochiweb? And what are the chances to push the patches to
>> upstream prior to releasing CouchDB. I realize this could slow down
>> the release process, but it would make a cleaner build.
>
> With ibrowse it happened very often lately.
> Sometimes serious bugs take weeks or months to get applied (yeah, it's
> not just bug reports, it's bug report + patch). Like for e.g:
>
> https://github.com/cmullaparthi/ibrowse/issues#issue/20  (not yet applied)
> https://github.com/cmullaparthi/ibrowse/issues/closed#issue/17
> https://github.com/cmullaparthi/ibrowse/issues/closed#issue/7

Fair point. The only reason it takes so long is that I like to
aggregate a few changes into a new release. I was under the impression
that CouchDB maintained its own private copy. If that is not the case,
and you depend on the official release, I will try and incorporate
patches faster.

cheers
Chandru